Monday, May 11, 2009

Recipe for Marriage

1 cup Love 1 cup Commitment

1 cup Respect 1 cup Understanding

A dash of Hope A pinch of Luck

Stir together with a lot of Faith and serve with Joy!


In honor of my not-so cheesy (thank you!) wedding shower, I just add to post that. A sincere thank you to everyone who was able to come and for my wonderful bridesmaids & mother for everything you did. It was perfect. I didn't know any of the details, just the date. It started with the most wonderful surprise, my bridesmaid Laura surprising me and coming all the way from San Diego. I literally started crying.


It was held at Sweet Basil, a restaurant I've been dying to try as Natasha raves about it. You bring your own wine (and boy did we!) and what good food. Everyone was telling me how much they loved the food. We had calamari, baked gouda in filo, pesto, butternut squash risotto, chix marsala, shrimp scampi, polenta...and there may be even more. We finished it off with an amazing cake (ricotta chocolate chip!) and a rediculous amount of presents. You all are SO generous.


I also was able to spend the weekend with my future mother-in-law, which was wonderful. We ate in the North End (Nico), had brunch at Sonsie with my mom for Mother's day and ate leftover cake for breakfast--what could be better?


This weekend reminded me what amazing friends and family I have, and I cannot wait for our wedding. But next up? Bachelorette Party!!!!!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment