Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Where has all the money gone?

Who remembers that movie "The Money Pit" with Shelley Long and Tom Hanks?


I loved this 80's movie. Remember they buy this house for a deal and it falls apart. Thankfully, no Jarrett and I did not purchase a money pit, BUT we still seem to be spending all of our money on our house. I find myself choosing mirrors and closet doors and granite countertops over new jeans, shoes and getting my hair died. When did I become so old? Is this what it's always like? I also want everything NOW, even though that is utterly rediculous and we can't afford it.

We have a contractor coming this weekend to look at the work we need done and get started on our projects...door for the basement, 2 new windows, new closet doors....and a quote for making the 3 season porch...wait for it, 4 season!!! :)

I'm pretty sure the $8K tax credit and all my tax money and commission checks are also going towards this house and our dogs. Because yes, it did cost us $400 at the vet a couple of weeks ago LOL. Man, this whole grown up thing....

2 comments:

  1. "When did I become so old? Is this what it's always like? I also want everything NOW, even though that is utterly rediculous and we can't afford it."

    I KNOW!!! I want a house ... and new living room furniture ... and maybe just matching furniture in general ... and and and. The list goes on.

    Why is it so hard to be content with what we already have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude just wait until you have babies.

    ReplyDelete