Monday, September 13, 2010

Birthday Weekend

What a wonderful weekend it was. 27 doesn't really feel any different... just one year closer to 30.

Friday night was a low-key dinner with my dad and grandmother and Jarrett in Boston. It was a perfect way to kick off the weekend.

Saturday my trainer kicked my butt given I would be eating in excess at Mistral, it was a good idea as I did. This was my first time there. I had been to Sorellina and Moo, and I'm dying to try their others. Sorellina was excellent, and so I was beyond excited for the opportunity to try Mistral. And what better excuse than my birthday? We started with the beef tenderloin, mashed potato and truffle oil pizza (aka had a piece each and wrapped the rest up) PURE HEAVEN, then the tuna tartare (which was probably the best I'd ever had), and finally Jarrett had the Half "Whole" Roasted Duck with Wild Mushroom Risotto, Dried Cranberry Gastrique while I had the Escalope" of Veal Milanese, Buttered Heirloom Tomatoes & Basil, Soft Corn Polenta. AMAZING.

And then finally, we headed to Gillette Stadium to watch the Pats beat the Bengals and shutdown TO and 85. Here are some pics from Jarrett's droid.


No comments:

Post a Comment