Thursday, March 26, 2009

What actually changes?

A lot of people like to make a big deal out of getting married. I understand...it's for real. There is no turning back, you are forever tied to eachother...til death do you part. In the past week, I've had more people ask me about my wedding and then proceed to tell horrible stories about how they got divorced or cheated or who knows what. Bizarre...

But it got me thinking. What really changes?

  • My name.... I will officially be Jessica Britt
  • Our bank account, (going this weekend to get a joint account)
  • .......?????

We already live together, we already stay in on a Friday night after a long day of work with a glass of wine and a movie and head to bed before midnight.

And don't get me wrong, I am SO excited to marry Jarrett...but I think it's funny all these people make a fuss, but I'm just excited, not nervous.

1 comment:

  1. Hahah so true. Nothing earth shattering changes, but you are just more happy and comfortable than before (for us anyway!). It's so nice to be married! Like rose colored glasses.

    That was gay.

    ReplyDelete