Wednesday, September 30, 2009

New name, same old me.

I'm beginning to get used to the name. I almost don't stutter when I need to introduce myself. I'm perfecting the signature. (with all the signing for the house, it's beginning to look good). I'm even responding to it. I even LIKE it. I'm transitioning away from the old name and old email addresses, and I find myself annoyed when I have to type MacTaggart. How did I possibly not scream everytime I wrote that long name or long signature?

I went away last weekend and used my new snazzy license to board the plane, I'm starting to get mail delivered. This is fun! And I'm not as sad about losing it. When we first got engaged I told everyone "Of course I'm changing my name", but then the closer we got to the wedding, the more sad I became. Not because I didn't like it, and not because I didn't want to do it, but I was attached. JLM were my inititals for 26 years.

well, here's to JMB!!

No comments:

Post a Comment