Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New Obsessions

Since the wedding is over, and we are signing the purchase and sale of our first home on Friday, I need something new to obsess over. Last night, Jarrett accused me of having ADD. I just couldn't sit still, my mind was racing. Then, at 2am, I woke up panicking over a deal at work and I couldn't fall back asleep so I decided to think about decorating the new house as a means to fall back asleep.

In the process, I've come across a new website and a new blog. First, I went to go to TheKnot yesterday and it automatically pointed me to "The Nest". I was taken aback at first by the change--I wasn't quite ready, and I didn't ask for it, but I'm beginning to like it. It has Real Estate advice, recipes, money, decor tips... etc. All things I have on my mind as a newleywed. And even baby stuff when the time comes--and at that time it transfers you to "The Bump". (sorry Nikki, no honeymoon baby for us!)

When I opened The Nest for the first time, there was an article about a new blog called "My Husband Is Annoying". WOW, did I laugh. I highly recommend it for anyone out there that is married, or currently dating. Some woman actually sent in this note and caption:

From Angel:
“My husband LOVES going to Disneyland with the kids. One day after returning to our hotel room, he just couldn’t mask his enthusiasm for Mickey Mouse. This disturbing picture was the result.”
I just don't know what else to say, except BREAK UP WITH HIM IMMEDIATELY but thank you nonetheless for submitting and helping me laugh uncontrollably at work.

1 comment:

  1. haha i saw the pic before i read the post and for a moment there i thought it was jarrett...

    and for baby dont worry - i'm still thinking it will be sooner. YOU CANT PLAN!

    ReplyDelete