Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Body by JMAC Part II

About a month ago I thought by admitting I had a problem, I'd get better. Unfortunately, with weddings, bachelorette's, cocktails, and our anniversary...well I failed miserably. I won't share the numbers, but my weight is a lot higher than I thought, as is my body fat :(

So last night I met with a new trainer (update to Breaking up....) because my old trainer is leaving. He's also a registered dietitian. So, we talked about what I want/need. I explained I get bored with just running on a treadmill and that two miles in the gym feels like eternity while outside isn't quite as bad. I also explained my eating has gotten out of control and I need to get that back in shape. I like circuit training. I like group activities.

I was told I should be eating 1600 calories a day (FAIL) to lose weight and working out 4 times a week. That comes out to about 300-400 calories per meal with the rest for liquids and snacks. He suggested a plan where I do a class one night (tonight's class, Boot Camp: An aggressive, military-style, circuit workout featuring high-intensity conditioning and power moves.), maybe work out with him another night and then do my normal "boring" routine on Sat/Sun.

He also suggested I not go to the extreme. Not become obsessed, just think, prepare and choose wisely. I went to the grocery store this morning and go a bunch of snacks that I could control and portion, and would make me feel satisfied. I remember the last time I was serious about this, I hated the first week, but it does get better. So here I go... wish me luck part II.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!

    Helpful (I think, anyway) hint: I love snacking on veggies and fruit, more for health reasons than weight-loss reasons. But, with my reasoning, you can eat more of those things because they have no fat and fewer calories than those other snacks that do.

    My other thing I like to do is splurge on the real, good food and skip the fake crap. (Particularly diet food. Diet food is not good for you!!) My favorite splurg-y snack? Kashi TLC crackers with a little spread of brie on each and a piece of green apple or pear. (Sometimes I hold the fruit, and just eat the cheese and cracker.) Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW thanks!! That is super helpful. I agree. With cheese or other things like that go big or go home. I got these crackers that I like, with the Light laughing cow cheese. YUUMMMM!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete